As you begin to prepare for retirement, you may be finding the process overwhelming. If you are like many of the pre-retirees we work with, you may resonate with the feelings of:
- Checking on healthy account balances only to feel uncertain if you have enough money to last throughout your lifetime.
- Writing out your monthly bills and worrying about the loss of your regular paycheck and how you will make sense of all your income sources.
- Paying more attention to the stock market than you would like, concerned that a potential downtown will wreck or derail your plans.
- Daydreaming a retirement bucket list, only to lie in bed awake worried that if you enjoy your “early years” you’ll sacrifice your security down the road.
If you’ve ever felt this way, you are not alone. Planning for retirement is a big deal. Mixed feelings of concern, uncertainty and excitement are common.
Planning for Retirement is like Climbing Mount Everest.
During your working years, you have been making the climb. You’ve demonstrated commitment and dedication to saving. Making it this far has been no easy feat. You may have faced challenges and setbacks, but during the climb, time was on your side. You had the time to recover and make corrections.
Now, as you enter the final stretch to the top, you’re beginning to shift your mindset to summiting the mountain and facing the new challenge of descending safely from the top.
Those who have climbed Mount Everest will tell you it’s not the climb that poses the most risk. It’s the descent that is riskier. Retirement is no different. The skills and strategies that got you to the top are not the ones that will bring you safely down. And, without the luxury of time, you have little room for mistakes.
This is the time you need to focus more on outcomes than probabilities. Making your resources work as hard as they can while lasting as long as they can requires strategy and preparation. The gravity of this moment is undeniable.
You’re so close to enjoying the freedom and independence you have earned!
We Will Show You How to Retire…
After working with hundreds of clients, we’ve combined our specialized knowledge with real-world experience to create our popular Sovereign Series™ Retirement Plan powered by The Prepared Retiree™ Method.
Our proven process offers an advanced step-by-step framework that helps you gain control of your financial future so you can enter retirement with confidence. Our guided process is simple to follow and provides you with clarity of direction, reliability of income and a stable foundation to experience the freedom of a well-planned retirement.
Our Sovereign Series™ Retirement Plan is designed for a specific type of individual:
- You are within five years of retirement (or recently retired).
- You have accumulated a healthy savings ($750,000 to $4,000,000) but worry that you may not have enough to sustain your independence and lifestyle throughout your lifetime.
- You want to work with a goal-centric, collaborative firm.
- You feel more confident when you are prepared and have a plan.
- You want the security of knowing that your spouse will be in great hands when/if the situation calls for it.
After completing our plan you will…
- Feel guided and prepared for retirement.
- Have control over your financial future and clarity of direction.
- Feel confident setting a retirement date or continue working with a plan.
- Have the framework to create a lifetime, inflation-adjusted predictable income.
- Our goal is for you to experience the freedom to enjoy retirement on your terms.
At Hunt Country Wealth Management, we integrate best practices across industry disciplines and blend traditional principles (finance, investment management and insurance) with those of behavioral finance. For you this means full access to a broad range of strategies and tools and a behavioral framework to help you make better financial decisions.
Retirement has Changed.
Modern retirees no longer view retirement as a time to recede. The retirement journey is no longer a story about aging, but about living a long and active life. One client said it best…
“Having a bunch of money lying around when I’m 80 years old doesn’t do me any good if I can’t enjoy some of it while I still can.”
“We believe the popular 4% withdrawal rule (systematic withdrawal) for retirement income exposes you to unnecessary risk and may be damaging to your financial security. You can’t invest your money in the same way you did before you retired. There is a better way!”
Our advanced planning strategies for retirement are different from what other financial advisors do. It’s a different mindset…
↑ TAP TO EXPAND
Our signature retirement planning service is known as the Sovereign Series™ and it uses our Prepared Retiree Method™ to help you build a secure financial foundation so you can go out and experience life–with confidence that you’re not going to run out of money. Our advanced framework provides a uniquely balanced approach with the goal of producing a stable, inflation-adjusted income. It also aims to provide a structured opportunity to grow assets and make the most of your retirement resources. By dividing your assets into time segments, we position the money you need in the near-term and ladder-up your investment approach based on the time horizon you’ll need to access these resources in the future.
So, what does this mean for YOU?
With our approach, we help you reduce the risk of bad timing in the stock market. We design a path for your money to keep up with inflation. And, we lessen the risk of you outliving your money. Our intent also gives you the freedom to allocate more funds to enjoy the “fun early years.”
The Sovereign Series™ Retirement Plan Includes:
- Professional Guidance and Recommendations: Explore your retirement income options and leverage our experience across disciplines (financial planning, investment management, insurance, behavioral finance) to access a multi-faceted viewpoint and enhance your mindset. Learn the Three Lessons™.
- Clarity of Direction. Create a clear, actionable path that will define the steps you need to take now, when you retire, and in life beyond retirement to reach your retirement goals and objectives. Eliminate uncertainty and stop asking yourself: “Am I doing the right things?”, “Should I have worked longer?”, “Am I leaving money on the table?” You will feel more confident in your direction.
- Reliability of Income. Gain control of your financial future and give yourself the ability to make informed decisions by structuring the amount/regularity of your income over the course of your lifetime. Know what your resources are capable of so you can feel confident setting aside money outside of the plan for goals like paying off your home, travel, relocating, etc….
- Risk Management. Feel confident that you have identified a strategy to address the Five Risks of Retirement™ including inflation, taxes, healthcare costs, a bad stock market and outliving your money.
- A Written Financial Plan. Research shows that written plans perform better! Our plan provides you with a tangible Retirement Roadmap™ that distills the complexity of your plan into simple easy-to-organize objectives and milestones. The plan is designed to serve as a link between planning and achieving and gives you a framework you can revisit time and time again for direction and structure.
- Premium Plan: Funding Reports. Clear reports that show you exactly how the plan is delivering results with a visual overview to help you connect the plan components and understand how your resources work together to produce income.
- Premium Plan: Professional Monitoring & Tracking Reports: Provides a blueprint of your plan in action and delivers a progress report of your Guided Investing™. Highlights action items, maintenance requirements and potential opportunities. Includes Annual 1:1 Review Session(s).
↑ TAP TO EXPAND
The Sovereign Series™ Retirement Plan is a series of strategy meetings that incorporate virtual software and/or in-office technology, custom feedback, collaborative discussions, email and personal communication and action-oriented guidance.
At the end of the process, you will receive a formal, written plan that incorporates all of your available resources (including Social Security) and provides a monthly/annual income projection. That goal is that you will feel confident that you have a plan that addresses the Five Risks to Retirement™ and shows you how to build a solid financial foundation to launch the next chapter of your life.
Retirement Basecamp™: Learn From Our Experience, Make Better Financial Decisions
To understand where you need to go, you first need to know what options are available to you. We start at Retirement Basecamp™ and help broaden your thinking by first exploring The Three Lessons™ and the Five Risks to Retirement™.
This will look like: A 1:1 virtual or in-person consultation. This meeting typically lasts one hour and is structured as an educational session. Sit back, relax and enjoy learning about retirement planning best practices and what it takes to be financially successful in retirement. Stand on our shoulders, learn from our real-world experience and save time and energy by quickly identifying what is critical to your success and what are just financial industry talking points. The goal of this meeting is to help you see the big picture and create focus for what is possible. Learn the real deal from a retirement professional, who has guided many people through the journey to retirement! Share as much or as little as you are comfortable with in this step. After this meeting, you’ll decide if the Sovereign Series™ and Prepared Retiree Method™ is right for you.
Charting Course™: Professional Recommendations, Advice and Strategy
After Retirement Basecamp™, we go to work Charting The Course™ for your future. In this step, we identify your priorities and take the time to discuss specific goals and objectives. We help you gather the information pertinent to creating your plan and discuss specific considerations. In this open forum, we discuss immediate questions and provide feedback on your current direction. Together, we explore potential retirement dates and possible scenarios (example: working two additional years, adding “x” amount of resources, retiring early).
This will look like: This step may involve a combination of virtual/in-person collaboration(s) based on your preferences and phone/email correspondence. We will provide guidance to help you create action items to address now and leading up to your selected retirement date.
Retirement Roadmap™: Receive Your Written Plan and Guided Discussion
In this step, you receive your Retirement Roadmap™ that provides a structured written review of your personalized retirement plan and the strategic framework that provides a blueprint for coordinating, optimizing and safeguarding your resources. The plan aims to eliminate the uncertainty of not knowing how far your resources will go and will provide you with a path for achieving your goals and objectives.
This will look like: A 1:1 Plan Presentation meeting where we discuss the components of your financial plan, how to structure your resources and the framework that – when implemented as suggested – sets an objective to achieve a reliable, predictable income throughout your lifetime.
Premium Plan | Guided Path™: Guided Implementation of Your Retirement Plan
After Retirement Roadmap™, your retirement financial plan is ready to begin action! The Guided Path™ step includes our Guided Investing™ services to help you establish accounts, align resources, access best-in-class investments and implement the components of your personalized retirement plan. As you prepare for your transition into retirement, we walk alongside you, providing ongoing financial advice and support.
This will look like: Ongoing collaboration as you continue working toward your retirement date. Virtual/Phone/In-Office communication are used to review implementation strategy and recommendations. We assist you in working through retirement details and help you set up direct deposits for your Retirement Paycheck, taxes withholdings, paperwork for pensions, 401(k)s, etc. When your retirement date arrives, we’ll schedule a 1:1 Retirement Launch™ meeting to welcome you to your next chapter.
Premium Plan | Reinforced Retiree™: Professional Monitoring and Plan Reinforcement
As a Hunt Country Wealth Management Reinforced Retiree™, you’ll receive ongoing support and plan monitoring as you enjoy your life in retirement. We oversee your planned financial milestones, monitor distributions and keep you on track to maintain your financial goals and objectives.
This will look like: An Annual 1:1 Check-In Meeting, Tracking Reports, Performance Reviews, Financial Statements and Quarterly Newsletters for Big Picture Communication and Financial News Commentary. Unlimited Access to Support, Advice and Guidance as Needed.
As a Sovereign Series™ client you will also receive these bonuses:
- The Hunt Country Wealth Management Financial Planning Binder to organize your financial statements, tracking reports and other important financial information.
- Access to Our Retirement Community Guidepost, a client-only quarterly publication that keeps you up-to-date on industry news, financial news to which you should be paying attention and topics that help you explore your retirement.
- A Welcome Kit that includes a copy of On Investing Well: The Elements of Good Investing by firm founder, Chris Merchant, CFP®, an Amazon Bestseller in Investing Portfolio Management and Mutual Funds Investing, Hot New Release in Retirement Planning, Stock Market Investing, Investment Portfolio Management and Analysis & Trading Investing Strategies.*As designed by Amazon Bestseller qualifications in categories outlined.
The Modern Retiree Deserves More…
We know the financial industries surrounding retirement planning are full of mixed messages and product-based solutions. We know retirees find it difficult to know what steps to follow and discern what decisions are the best for their future! And more than that, we know that retirement has changed. Outdated strategies either focus strictly on the need to preserve income or fail to consistently protect your future by taking unnecessary risks in the stock market. There is a better way!
There are many misconceptions about retirement, but we do things differently. Let us tell you what we believe:
- Having a retirement plan doesn’t mean you have to retire now. Many of our clients continue working several years after implementing their retirement plans but do so with the security that they are on track to retire on their own terms.
- No two clients are the same. We don’t have a specific client profile and our community of retirees come from vastly different backgrounds, professional fields and resources. They share the common trait that they want a secure retirement and a financial plan that gives them the confidence to enjoy their freedom.
- Retirement planning doesn’t have to be hard. Although retirement income planning can be complex, we have distilled the process into simple, easy-to-follow steps. Most people enjoy the process and we love to see the excitement that ensues when clients have taken the steps to clearly define their finances and start to see a vision of their future. It’s truly a rewarding experience!
- Not all financial advisors do the same thing. We aren’t like other financial advisors. We are specialists, not generalists, and we focus our practice on the direct needs of the modern retiree as they approach their retirement years and beyond. The work we do requires a special type of professional experience, and we recognize that we are not all things to all people.
- You shouldn’t invest the same in retirement as you did during your working years. For many, retirement isn’t the time to roll the dice. Your days in retirement shouldn’t be spent white-knuckled watching the stock market. Less experienced advisors may suggest retirement strategies that expose you to unnecessary risk and are heavily dependent on luck. You shouldn’t invest your money the same as you did before you retired. The game has changed.
- Retirement is not the end of the road. We believe retirement is a bright new beginning offering endless possibilities for discovery and experience. Do more than just exist with the time you’ve been given. Life was meant for big adventures and good friends. Don’t spend your retirement years living with a “scarcity mindset” because you don’t have the certainty and confidence that comes from having a plan.
Led by a husband and wife team…
Hunt Country Wealth Management is a financial planning and investment management firm that specializes in preparing modern retirees for retirement. Client’s access a proven framework that helps them make better decisions, achieve better outcomes and make the best use of their financial resources. Firm founder, Chris Merchant is a leading Retirement Income Professional who specializes in helping retirees nationwide. He is the bestselling author of On Investing Well: The Elements of Good Investing, and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™/ CFP® and Behavioral Financial Advisor™.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Guided Investing™?
Guided Investing™ is our comprehensive investment management philosophy and framework designed to help you optimize and preserve your resources. Starting by defining the why, this process helps you create a master plan for your money and a guided framework to design, implement and monitor a Strategic Investment Portfolio™ to reach your planned milestones in retirement.
What are your fees?
The investment for our Sovereign Series™ Retirement Plan with No Investment Management is $1,200. This investment will provide a plan that structures your retirement income for the rest of your life.
After receiving your Sovereign Series™ Plan, clients can continue with Sovereign Series™ Premium with Investment Management services that are charged at an asset-based rate of 1.3% annually. After the first year of Sovereign Series™, we charge an annual retainer of $1,200 to continue providing oversight, account management and financial guidance. Begin your journey into retirement with our complimentary introduction meeting for Retirement Basecamp™. In this 1:1 Educational/Q&A Session, we provide you information on available retirement income planning options, you learn the Three LessonsTM of Retirement and you can decide if our plan is a good fit for you.
Our first step is Retirement Basecamp™ a complimentary 1:1 Educational/Q&A Session (Valued at $365).
Can I just get a Retirement Check-In?
If you are just seeking a retirement check-in and would like to speak with an experienced professional to discuss ideas, get advice or to receive a second opinion on your current plan, you can schedule a 90-Minute Strategy Session.
Can I personalize the plan to my unique needs?
Yes, our community of retirees come from vastly different backgrounds, professional fields, and resources. Each retiree has specifications that are unique. Check out our Client Scenarios to see how the plan may help in a situation like yours.
Begin Your Journey Today…