Divorce Financial Planning Advisor
Twelve Financial Tips to Consider When Filing for Divorce
- Organize and Make Copies of Your Records. Personal/business taxes, business records, account statements from investments, pay stubs, life insurance, annuities, credit card statements, stock certificates etc.
- Establish a Team of Experts On Your Side.
- Devise a New Budget Based on New Incomes/Expenses.
- Monitor Credit Report and Credit Applications.
- Close Joint Accounts and Lines of Credit.
- Open New Accounts in Your Own Name. This may include establishing a line of credit in your own name to build/rebuild personal credit.
- Hold Off On Major Financial Decisions.
- Estimate Your Worth and “Must Haves” For Settlement.
- Asses Liabilities and Marital Debt.
- Update Beneficiaries and Estate Plan. Including Power of Attorney & Health Record Forms.
- Analyze Insurance Needs: Health, Auto, Property, etc.
- Keep a Running List of Financial Questions.